22.8.11

Starving Eyes


i pawned you and split tails for your headhunt
made more money in one night
larger stacks than i could fill the tub with
came home late
wondered who had eaten my leftovers
gave up quickly and crept into the windowsill
a nest had buried there
i slid my tongue in and tasted some wild berries
they weren’t my dinner
and the karma had caught up to us both by that point
i unscrewed a light bulb from above my head
and sat in the dark kitchen
the linoleum felt nice on my cheek
it was a cold night
but I was still hot
i was looking in the fridge
waiting for something to happen
you are so pretty
i can’t even stop looking at you
the image fits into my eyes so frantically
as though my pupils have been carved to your shape
i thought i had devoured you completely
i shouldn't be this hungry still

No comments:

Post a Comment