8.8.11

Nonsense

i am a flower bottomed fool
hunting arachnids at dawn
shrilling flat notes across still water
shoulder straps fainting
lucidly down white tenders
i sit and wait for my lover
who smells like me
has no money
nor an interesting thing to talk about
remember in my story
how you wept on the monument
your tears staining the feet of soldiers
row men
who killed amply and without judgment
your eyes do that now
rip throats out from beneath my fairy tales
your hands are deeper then they used to be
i think you’ve burnt a real levy this time
the shores agree and mock my tone
creeping
like your hair brushed along my back
im soothed by the patience
and friendly eyes
are beaming love knots
tying me to a fever
that begins below the skin
have me for dinner
and don’t look at me once
just mouth words
like pacifier
and forget-me-not
wishes like be the one
please i beg
for scraps from the table
bits of meats
ripped with your teeth
glistening with your spit
the devouring of my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment